Fredricks journal chapter 2
Fredricks journal chapter 2: Before the dawn
No sight of my mysterious saviour that day. I don't think he want me dead. But on the other hand maybe he missed, so the bullet was for me? He is still out there close but i have not seen him. I even tried to lay a trap for him but to no use. It made me sure that he must be a skinner. No one else can hide and be one with the waste like them. But what does he want?
When the second night after my rat fight was nearly to an end i heard someone moving near my camp. it was so clumsy and bad that i understood that he wanted to warn me that he was coming. Still i keept a hand on my gun. After a while a figure came out of the shadows. Yes it was a skinner, he keep his hands open and visible while he came forward to me.
- Hi, may i sit down he said. I nodded yes.
He introduced himself as Gregor, and i told him my name too. He took off his backpack and put it down beside where he was sitting. The case was not fully closed. In it was some skins.
- Do you recognize these he said with a smile, while he tapped on them with his hand.
-Yes i do. Thanks, you saved me back there i replyed.
- Don't need to thank me you were good rat bait, these are two good ones he answerd, Still with a smile on his face.
- But what does a city dweller do out here he asked.
I told him that i been a scout in Christophsburg and that i was now out to map the world, see and experience.
- Are you still with the army? he asked. This time no smile just a hard face of stone.
- No but i still feel for the people living there. After all it's was my home.
- I can understand that he say. His smile was back now. So how those the maping go he asked.
- Well i don't got that much yet.
- East of here you find the great hot spot desert. Only mutants can cross it. You know what, lend me the map and i do some markings?
I hand over my map, it was nearly nothing on it to begin with. When he give it back i look at it.
- I will go north, i like to see the sea. He had marked it as "the inner slugdge sea" (Baltic sea to us)
- Yeah if you can call it that. It's so thick that you may think you could walk on it, but you can't. Don't go to close to it, there are things that live in it and you don't want to see them. And the radiation of course.
I pick up one of the gems i found in the cave and asked him about it.
- In sloggiska they are called dirsh, meaning light. Maybe humans else where call them something diffrent? You can find them in caves, mountians and the ground. They give a pretty strong light. Not much else to say about them really. Well i need to go now I got more hides to catch out there.
I thanked him for the info he gave me, and told him i owe him. He smiled and said
- Stay alive and don't do anything dumb out there and maybe we meet again.
I reached the inner slugde sea 2 days later. My map this far.
Black dots mark settlements. Village, towns, shanty towns and citys.
1. Christophsburg

Comments
Post a Comment