Fredricks journal chapter 7

 Fredricks journal chapter 7: Like rats

Next day i, Hunter and Nex followed Trevor to the area where the rats should be.

- Ok, i let you lead this since you got the experience from before. Trevor said to Nex. 

After Hunter and Nex looked around a bit, Nex said.

- Let's split up. Me and Fredrick go over here, while you go over to those rocks Trevor.

- Sure. But remember i got the car keys on me so don't get any funny ideas now. Trevor said suspiciously while he started to go towards the rocks.

- He is not the trusting type. I said to Nex that answered with only.

- I guess not.

After a while Nex said.

- But on the other side why should he be that. It's a wild world.

- What do you mean ? I asked.

- To catch them it's always easier with bait. I think one is home at least.

- Did you send him as bait!

- Well i don't like him and the hunt is easier this way. And better him than us. 

- I don't trust him either. But we need to get over there. 


As we started to move, we saw Trevor shoot a rat right beside him. 

While we moved closer two more rats appeared.

- Move back you're to close. They will kill you. Nex shouts to Trevor.
Trevor moves back, fire and misses. I move behind a old ruined wall, while Nex attack one. Misses with his first shoot kills it with his second. Hunter moves in, attacks but misses. Then moves down next to the ruined wall. One rat attacks Trevor and misses. The other one just freezes and let's out a shriek.

- Watch out he's calling for back up Shouts Nex. 
Two more appears.

 One with no fur that looks really poisonous. 

 I stay behind the wall. Is there no end to these rats? Trevor freezes. Nex and Hunter move over to me. One rat chase after them.

I shoot one as it jumps for Nex. Trevor shoot one and moves back. The rats freeze as they see their friends fall.

After a short while one attacks Trevor but misses. He shoots while he moves back but misses. The furless one attacks and wounds Trevor. 

Both i and Nex shoot but misses it. Hunter attacks but misses. The rat kills Hunter, Nex screams as he shoot and misses. Trevor moves back as one rat moves after him.

Trevor is able to shoot the rat. Nex takes out the last one with a well aimed shoot. I run over to trevor to see how he is. Fortunately his wound is not more serious than that i can patch him up with his first aid in the car. We both move over to Nex sitting on the ground with Hunter in his lap. 
- It's all my fault. I was careless, thought that there only was two rats at max, not five. Now Hunter is gone and you are hurt. I'm sorry this is not what i wanted. Nex say.
I have never seen Nex this broken. Not even after the battle with the lurkers.
- Don't be to hard on yourself. We all know that this would be dangerous. Let us help you bury the dog. We dig while  you skin the rats.Trevor said to Nex as he sticks out his hand to Nex to help him to his feet. Nex takes his hand and we work in silence. After Hunters burial we drive back to town still in silence.
To be continued

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

World map

Intro

Jet city info