Fredricks journal chapter 1: Man on a mission
This is my first entry in this journal, about my thoughts, travels and discoveries.
So at last I'm on my way out in the wasteland. Never thought Hayes would let me go. The last days before i left he changed his mind about nearly everything. First it was said that I would get an army escort of 10 soldiers under my command. He changed that to 2 soldiers, with the reason being that he could not spare that many men. Next day he let me know that there would be two other teams to go out exploring the day before I leave. Consisting of one scout and five soldiers in each team? They where sent off at the city gates like heroes with citizen waving goodbye, and Hayes himself holding a speech. Next day I was sent off in the early mourning, still dark out side. I also got informed by a sergeant that I would not get any escort at all. Hayes was not even there when I left.



They will never forgive me for that time in the army when I refused to kill an unarmed family of sloggerna. I punched out my captain instead. A soldier knocked me unconscious. I woke up in a cell, were they had me locked up for a year. Don't know why they did not kill me. Maybe because before that incident I was a hero. The best scout in the city. gave me a nick name, Fredrick "The bold". To be honest, now I'm just happy to be free and on my way. I started walking east of the city.



It was peaceful being back out in the wasteland. After a couple of days when I had set camp for the night I saw a glow at a hill. First I thought it was other people so I put out my fire and waited if they were hostile. But when nothing had happened for all long time, I started to approach the hill. When I got there I saw an opening in the hill. Got my gun ready if there are any mutie rats or other nastiest in there. It was not a big space in there and no critters of any kind, but I found what was glowing. A kind of gem I had seen it one time before when I was scouting for the army. But this little cave was full of them, in the walls and ground. Took just two small ones with me when I left.
For some reason I felt being watched rest of the day. It continued the next day to. I was gazing at the landscape when I heard a light knack from stones on the ground. I spun around drawing my gun at the same time. A mutie rat was right there to attack, i fired two shoots.
First missed, the second took right in the throat. I sat down by it checking so it was dead. A loud squeak behind me. A second mutie rat. It had already jumped up in the air with it's claws out ready to strike at me.
Fired a shoot and the rat came crashing down at me. Threw it off me. Saw now it was dead, but i know my shoot was not that well aimed. Checked the body, yes I found my bullet hole but it was not lethal. A second one was there, and it was not fired by my gun. Now i know i'm watched.
To be continued
Comments
Post a Comment